Home

Monday, June 8, 2009

Stinkin Thinkin' vs McGowdog

I will attempt to separate my writings off from others by coloring my text.

I apologize to the internet for some of the profanity that will ensue. It came from a site that allows it. I usually don't partake in it so freely as I usually post in places with much more accountability and won't allow it. It's just basically about how we act when we have more accountability. I cuss sometimes. Sometimes when I shouldn't, like around my folks. Sometimes I can't seem to help it. They let me know how they don't like it so I've somewhat learned when to use it and when to not. If it offends you, please "turn the channel." Thanks.

I'm not getting into a censorship debate, just explaining that what ensues is an explanation of what brought me to this point on the internet.

I was warned to not even waste my time on this here internet. But I've used it to try to explore my 12-Step A.A. experience... to mixed reviews. I've learned there's a bunch of anti-AA out there. I'm sure there is good and bad reasons for it. Either way, I'm setting out to learn the true from the false and if A.A. is messed up, which I know to a huge extent that it is, I'm gonna set out to do my part to help fix it. I also want to find out where the BS is and to shed light on it.

There's this site that has found it fun to pick on me. I'll let anyone who reads this be the judges of some conversations that I've selected to post here. Granted, I didn't pick out all of my glimmering moments, as that what they've chosen to do. They see fit to judge and twist my postings to fit their anti-AA agenda. Without further ado;


M.A. writes:
Hi, McGowdog.
Welcome to our blog!
I don’t argue people’s religion with them. Particularly those in cult religions.


Speedy writes:
the whole ‘mcgowdog thing’ has me feeling like i was forced to sit in a meeting & listen to the absurd ramblings of a monumental 12×12 asshole. of course, in this medium, i was allowed to respond … but it was still exhausting & frustrating — not because he made any worthwhile points, but because he was the ugly, retarded ‘ghost of meetings left’. if some white supremacist hit the blog & started spouting bullshit about alcoholism being a ZOG conspiracy, that ticket would’ve been punched pretty early on.
okay i’ll stop now.
speedy

MA writes:
This has become the subject of a thread started in some recovery forum. Someone asks a question about what underground meetings are, and McGowdog comes in with a response:
The group to which McGowdog is referring is run by a hardline old-timer who subscribes to the typical AA views. McGowdog refers to him as the “meeting cop”. The following dialog will give some insight to how the seedlings of one of these rogue groups form.
Next, McGowdog responds with the most important line in this dialog, and one that gives an insight into how the cults of personality within AA are formed:
Every member, at any level, is subject to manipulative coercion. McDowdog is no exception.
Filed under: Cult Aspects of AA Tagged: AA, AA Slogans, cult, guru, manipulation, mcgowdog, midtown group, , Quinones, rape,

H, on May 14th, 2009 at 5:28 pm Said:
Crude and vulgar drivel, mcdog. Sod off.

Reply
Annazed writes:
Sort of like your poem (which by the waay, is not a poem):
>Bad boys rape our young girls, but Violet gives willingly.
I stated the color-codes for resistors that I learned in college and got accused of being rude.

AnnaZed, on May 14th, 2009 at 7:36 pm Said:
McGowdog, you realize that when you post on the internet, on the world-wide-web (the title might be a hint) that it is not “private,” right? You grasp that don’t you?

McGowdog, on May 14th, 2009 at 8:07 pm Said:
I didn’t “put the word on what I thought was a humorous poem”.
I don’t think that poem is humorous either. I think it’s sick.
It’s what they taught us in college. Anybody in here agree with me on that? Anybody else go to college and learn resistor color codes? Maybe you learned a “fluffier” poem than I did.
Filed under: Crock of Shit Tagged: 13th Stepping, AA, coercion, manipulation, manipulation tactics, mcgowdog, zealot No Comments »

speedy0314, on May 13th, 2009 at 2:59 am Said:
m-puppy,

always ready for that trip to the zoo, though, junior! like i said, just post your name, full address & telephone number & we’re off. love to watch the monkeys throw big loads of their shit at you.
(oops … i’m really, really sorry about that last remark. okay, 9th step done!)
you can go back to your star wars lego blocks, now. the big people are going to talk about big people stuff.
nighty-might m-puppy!
Speedy

MA writes:
Next, McGowdog writes
Filed under: Cult Aspects of AA Tagged: 12 Principles, , Forums, mcgowdog,

Ironic Quote of the Day
Posted on May 11, 2009 by M A
“Then I got sobered up and very… very slowly, I started to grow up just a smidgeon.”
- McGowdog (No, really! I shit you not! He actually said this!)

Filed under: Crock of Shit Tagged: mcgowdog, quote,

H, on May 12th, 2009 at 12:03 pm Said:
mr mcgowdog:go back to your room. It is a nice safe place for you.

McGowdog, on May 12th, 2009 at 3:13 pm Said:
Right! I’m sorry. We had a foreign exchange student one year and he gave us that word. I thought I’d forgotten about it till now.
Anyways, I’ll go back to my room and leave you fine folks over here alone.
As you were and go well.

AnnaZed, on May 11th, 2009 at 8:33 pm Said:
“have a place to part their ass”
This has to be the most spectacularly amusing Freudian slip I have ever read.

gakgakgak, on May 12th, 2009 at 6:00 am Said:
you’re boring mcgowdog.
zzz

speedy0314, on May 12th, 2009 at 7:32 am Said:
mcgowdog,
more will be revealed, my son.
and your joke-book is getting a little predictable. that said, if you’ll publicly post your full name, home address, & telephone number i may just take you up on that trip to the zoo.
that would be fun. get to know the real mcgowdog — up close & personal. not the juvenile, semi-retarded pissant who’s just trying to get under everyone’s skin here but really just making an ass of himself & the ‘loving, tolerant’ program he represents.
btw, i’ll have to check out bill’s reference (if any) about lunar flight in the BB. even if he did (& i’m a little hazy on that) jules verne beat him to the punch by 70 years. does that mean you’ll be reading “from earth to the moon” at your next big book meeting?
don’t quit before the miracle,
speedy

Someone in defense of me! Wow, how rare!

on May 25th, 2009 at 1:53 am ***Said:
I like to think I’m well educated, and I don’t think AA is a cult, but even if it is, what does it matter? Like McGowdog posts, it would only be bad if it’s making people’s lives worse, and it isn’t. The only ‘brainwashing’ you could possibly accuse it of is against alcohol. What’s the big deal in that? Alcohol isn’t necessary to our survival. Yes, AA asks for money, but many times I’ve never given anything and have never felt less accepted for it. I expect you won’t want to listen to anything I have to say now that I’ve ‘outed’ myself as an AA-er, well that’s your problem not mine. It seems to me you are the one who is brainwashed, by a world which believes alcoholic drinking is fine while belief in God is not.

M A, on May 12th, 2009 at 8:25 pm Said:
McGow, would you be interested in posting to our blog? If so, send us an email.

speedy0314, on May 13th, 2009 at 2:59 am Said:
… just post your name, full address & telephone number & we’re off
nighty-might m-puppy!
speedy

McGowdog, on May 14th, 2009 at 5:30 pm Said:
“always ready for that trip to the zoo, though, junior! like i said, just post your name, full address & telephone number & we’re off. love to watch the monkeys throw big loads of their shit at you.”
I hear ya yappin’ Speedy.
You post your name, full address & telephone number and I’ll come visit you.
Any day, any time.
Just keep exercising those keyboard muscles.

H, on May 14th, 2009 at 5:34 pm Said:
mcdog, you making threats, internet tough guy?Delete this dead dog.

McGowdog, on May 14th, 2009 at 5:41 pm Said:
No, H. Speedy threatened my twice.

Speedy, it’s not me you owe the amend to. It’s ftg and M.A. for being the stupid, sink-to-any-level angry and insecure author on this already spiteful, insecure, and manipulative Hitler-loving website.

Other wonderful works from speedy:

speedy0314, on June 7th, 2009 at 4:10 am Said:
i’d like to forward him a few posts from the steppers over at blame’s YT channel or even some of the e-mail i get after responding to vids. ‘vicious’, ‘demonizing’, ‘tearing down’ … ‘your mileage may vary’.
kiss my ass you molly-coddled, in-love-with-your-own-credentials pansy. sit your highly theoretical ass in meetings for a full year & then tell me how wonderful & empowering it all is.
fuck him twice,
speedy

No comments:

Post a Comment